Student Athlete Success Program
The Student Athlete Success Program oversees academic support services for student athletes.
This program helps support student athletes academically while bridging direct oversight within the following areas:
- Peer tutoring during study hall
- Coordination and meeting with academic counselors
- Weekly one on one meetings with all student athletes in the program to go over assignments and study plans for upcoming exams
- Administer and record grade checks on a monthly basis
- Coordinate meetings with student athletes and coaches to provide follow up and accountability for academic success
The program offers Peer tutoring Monday-Friday 8am-2:00pm and Monday-Friday 5:00pm-8:30pm, depending on the student athlete schedule and tutoring needs
Diablo Valley College Athletics is committed to the holistic success of our student-athletes as we know achievements on the playing field go hand in hand with accomplishments in the classroom and personal lives. The goal of the program is help student athletes overcome obstacles that could potentially hinder their academic or athletic success. We strive to build a trusting relationship with student athletes who find college level academic work difficult and have real conversations about what those obstacles are and how to find solutions to lessen the stress and assist with the resolution. Our academic support services help student-athletes develop essential skills for success in college and beyond. We strive to support our student-athletes as they become leaders on the field, scholars in the classroom, and role models in the community.