TEN QUESTIONS WITH WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER DORIS JONES
1. Who/What got you interested in your sport and when did you start playing?
My dad played a huge part in why I got interested in basketball. I started playing at the boys and girls club when I was 6 or 7 and have been playing ever since.
2. If you weren't playing your sport, what other sport would you want to play at the college level?
It will probably have to be soccer. I played when I was younger but never at a competitive level.
3. What makes your head coach the type of coach you love to play for?
Coach Vaughn is a coach that will tell it to you straight how it is. I’ve grown as a player and a person playing with him for 2 seasons. He is consistent and that makes him easy to play for.
4. What are you majoring in and what's your favorite class?
Kinesiology. Health Science is my favorite class right now.
5. What is your perfect pre-game meal?
Caesar salad and a Core Water or Blue Gatorade
6. What do you enjoy doing when you're not in school or playing your sport?
I usually just hang out with my friends if I’m not playing basketball.
7. Favorite Movies?
Boyz N Tha Hood, 3 Strikes, Training Day, London Has Fallen, Juice, & Rush Hour.
8. What are your first three songs on your pre-match playlist?
Yfn Lucci- Letter to Lucci , Kendrick Lamar- XXX, Nef The Pharaoh- Bling Blaow
9. What is the plan once you graduate?
Play at a 4-year then play professionally.
10. What is your leadership style?
I’m more of a lead by example type of leader, doing what is right so others have a model to guide them. I do what is expected of me and making sure my teammates are where they should be.